Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fruit

Don't wait for something crazy, catastrophic, or phenomenal to happen to you to make you turn your life towards Christ. If you claim Him, then live like Him. Many people would easily call themselves Christians, but they leave out certain parts of the deal that they would rather not do. Would Jesus flick someone off for taking his parking place at the grocery store? Uh...no. This is just one example, but I think you know what I mean. The word "Christian" means "little Christ" or "like Christ." If you claim Christianity, then imitate Jesus. Jesus was beaten with a whip until his guts were basically hanging out, but instead of cursing the humans doing this to him, he carried his cross (his undeserved electric chair) up a hill and was crucified. Through all of this, any of us, if we weren't dead by this point, would be extremely upset with the people causing all this. But what does Jesus do? He asks his father (God) to forgive them, because they don't know what they're doing. IMITATE THAT, CHRISTIAN. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Which one are you excluding? There are times when I struggle with all of them, but I could easily say the hardest ones for me are faithfulness, self-control, and lately...joy. I have decided to follow Jesus, which means I've decided to work my butt off on the things I struggle with. I pray you will do the same. So help me please, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment